The dev team is preparing for the first scheduled fork of the æternity protocol. Here are some of the most important changes that will be introduced.
After making sure that release 1.4.0 is running smoothly, the æternity dev team focused on the Minerva release.
The release (2.x.x) will be introduced with a scheduled upgrade (fork) of the æternity protocol that will take place around March 6, 2019.
For more information about the fork testing and activation, please refer to this blog post:
- migrate all Phase 1 AE tokens to the Mainnet,
- introduce a number of consensus-breaking changes that improve the AEVM, Sophia language and state channels.
In addition, the following tasks have been completed:
- state channels can now perform off-chain signature validation,
- an API endpoint for calculating the total token supply at height is created,
- an API for getting an account at height is created.
The dev team is also getting close to releasing a stable Windows package of æternity node.
A separate CI for testing and creating Windows releases is set up. A number of Windows nodes are currently running on the Testnet in order to ensure a smooth interaction between nodes running Windows, Ubuntu and OS X nodes.
Thank you for all the support!
Interested in æternity? Get in touch: