æternity is giving away two free tickets for the WeAreDevelopers event in Berlin. Here is what you can do to get them.
If you are a developer and haven’t visited the WeAreDevelopers World Congress (WAD) you are in for a treat!
This year’s event will take place in Berlin, Germany and will span two days — June 6 and 7.
More than 200 speakers will share the event stages, including the inventor of the PHP language Rasmus Lerdorf, the designer of the Doom and Quake games John Romero, and the author of the Mastering Bitcoin book — Andreas M. Antonopoulos. A well-known name from the developer world and associated with æternity will be there as well. Read on 😉
The themes of the WAD Congress this year will once again focus on the most exciting emerging technologies, including blockchain.
As a partner of the event, æternity will participate by:
- organizing a workshop in two parts. The first part will focus on blockchain technology, introduction of æternity’s protocol, features, smart contracts, and mechanics. The second will be dedicated to developers interested to learn more about the functional Sophia smart contract language, initialize a project and write a simple æpp. The two workshops will be organized by Milen Radkov and Philipp Piwowarsky.
- giving a keynote presentation on June 6. Robert Virding, co-creator of the Erlang programming language and an invaluable part of the æternity team, will talk about Erlang, blockchain technology, and æternity.
The Best Part Is…
…that you can save 99 EUR and visit the Congress for free thanks to æternity’s boundless love for its community!
We have two tickets to give away to anyone who is willing to visit Berlin for the developer event of the year. They include:
- Admission to both days of the event
- Access to all keynotes
- Access to 96 workshops (pre-registration required)
- Admission to the official afterparty
- Entry to the expo area
- Congress goodies
- Access to the official recorded talks
How to Participate?
To select the winners of the free WAD tickets, we are organizing a fun contest.
Here are the three ways in which you can participate:
- Option 1: Share your favorite content from the æternity blog in your social media channels with a short text explaining why you like it, and tag æternity by adding the #WeAreAeternity hashtag. (be creative!)
- Option 2: Go through the æternity Development 101 course at dacade.org and send us a GitHub link of your first æpp. Completing the course takes less than two hours and by creating an æpp (“the challenge” at the end), you will actually win 50 USD in AE tokens.
- Option 3: Create a valuable piece of content for the community, share it in your social media channels and add the #WeAreAeternity tag. You can write a short blog post on an blockchain-related topic, create an explainer video dedicated to developers, a tutorial about an æternity tech feature, or anything else that creates value for the æternity community. (Hint: We really need an AE token mining guide!)
We will announce the winners on 10.05.2019.
If you have any questions, you can add them in this dedicated topic in the Forum:
Have fun creating and see you at the WeAreDevelopers Congress!
Thank you for being part of our the æternity community!
Interested in æternity? Get in touch: