We are thrilled to announce a bounty for visualization of live data coming from the æternity blockchain!
Since the launch of the live version of the æternity network, the æternity community and team of developers have been developing various tools to monitor the network. The community created the useful aeknow website, while the developers developed internal tools, as well as the Blockchain Explorer and a simple dashboard.
In order to improve the ability of the community to monitor the network, more dashboards featuring network-related information should be developed. We believe this is the perfect bounty for any web developer interested in the AE project. We trust the creative power of the æternity crowd and know for a fact that it can create amazing tools.
You are welcome to use your creativity and web-app development skills to visualize the state of the æternity network and receive a prize in AE!
Rules and Eligibility
- This contest is open to anyone who has reached the age of maturity in their country of residence.
- Teams are free to participate, but the award will be sent to a single AE address.
- The submissions should be fully-functioning web applications.
- The submissions should visualize data in the following categories:
- Core (e.g. block height, transactions per day, transactions per second, median fee)
- Token stats for AE on the live net. ERC20 info can be used until an exchange trading actual AE is announced. (e.g. current price, market cap)
- Block stats (e.g., difficulty, block reward, size, average size, average number of transactions in a micro block, average time to find a key block, types of transactions included in a micro block, average number of micro blocks per generation)
- Mining stats (e.g., transactions in the mempool of your own node, key blocks and micro blocks mined, average time for finding a key block, time since last key block)
- æternity protocol (e.g., oracles queried, names registered, state channels opened/closed, total value existing in state channels).
- The more of the above information a submission includes, the higher the chance it will win the bounty.
- The submissions should be open-source and posted on GitHub.
- Submissions Deadline: December 23, 2018 | 11:59 PM CET
- The bounty amount is 3000 AE.
- Additional token bounties may be announced for improving/updating the dashboards.
- After the submission deadline has passed, we will announce all submissions in the Forum and allow a week for the community to vote on them via “likes”. After that, members of the æternity team will evaluate all entries, consider the community votes and select the winners.
- All participants must fill-in this short form in order to be eligible to participate:
We are looking for designs consistent with the æpps Styles Guide (available at the link below). For your convenience, we have also included the fonts that we use.
Participants can also reference the Brand Guide:
We have also prepared a reference sketch for the type of data and visuals we would like to see.
However, we will welcome all submissions and don’t want to constrain your imagination in any way!
If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the dedicated Forum thread:
Interested in æternity? Get in touch: